Wednesday, April 1, 2009

whatcha workin on wednesday.....

Oh my word! you are never going to believe what has happened to me!!! I went to a cute little shop, (well I thought It was cute...) and had a perm. Oh what a bad idea that was!!!! I can't even begin to think why I did it!! she burned my hair so badly, that I have little nubbies all over my head! It's awful!!!! my hair is breaking off in hand fulls!!!!!!Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
what am I going to do..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
....................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................
......................................................................................................................
I will have to cut all of my long hair off..........................................................................
....................................................................................................................................
.........................................................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................................................................
................................................................................................................................................................................................................
..................................................................................................................................................................
I might as well wear a scarf all day long.............................................................................................
.....................................................................................................................
Oh....how can i bare it?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

JK. Couldn't let this day pass with out some token of it. could I? My hair is so short already, I couldn't fit a rod around it!!! And I do my own, or my #2 daughter who is also a beautician, does my hair...................

Once again its Whatch working on wednesday, Jump over to Leslie's and see what everyone else is doing. http://sweetsmycountryhome.blogspot.com/

This is what I'm doing today..............We had new snow this morning. Just a skiff, cold as can be. I'm hoping the mountains got dumped on. We need it up there! Dh is on call this week, an was called out this morning. There was a poll on fire on the corner of state street and highway 40 in Roosevelt.(Alco corner )...They had the fire truck there, and were in a rush to get to the sub station and get the power off before the poll broke and dropped all those live wires on the anyone....... I am going up to the church in a couple of hours to help tie quilts for humanitarian effort. Then it's off to play cards with my Mom and my Girls. I have a bunch of eggs (Chickens are doing such a good job these days. LOL) and for part of my pot luck, I'm going to make deviled eggs and use my nifty deviled egg plate, which is also a TS find, (cuz according to the southern sisters mysteries, you're nobody if you don't even own an egg plate!) LOL


I painted this TS tool box last spring, but didn't find a home for it until just the last day or so. I decided to set it on top of the cupboard my tv is in. It can hold all the remotes and extra cords and such. I wanted it to say "Ranch Homestead" but didn't have room to make it all the size I wanted, so I settled for "homestead". I want to get it painted and re distressed this morning before I go to Altamont to quilt.



I did,at last, get the clock painted. OK, I need a suggestion.....This is for my Mom's house, and she likes "cottage" what can I put inside of this bird cage to make it look "Cottage"? My mind is blank....... Or should I leave it alone as it is?..........


Went here yesterday for a few minutes, and found a couple of treasures....

This little dome has been there for a month or more, calling my name. But, it was 4 dollars, and it was sitting on a very ugly cheese board that had had something hot glued to it at one time, and remnants of the hot glue were still there. Not too hot. I didn't want the board, just the dome. Because it had been there for a long time, I was able to get it for half price! And, sitting right there on the shelf nest to it, was this very pretty little footed and scalloped plate! I placed the dome on it, and wal-la! Perfect fit! I scooped them both up. I love how they look together! I think they will also find a Home at My Mom's..........................maybe.....LOL



I need to start reading Jane Eyre for my book club in April. Anyone read it? What
am I in for? Kim told me Romance, (I can do romance...) and my niece Caralee told me it would broaden my horizons! (that's why I'm in a book club:-) I need some "broadening! ) (well, some parts of me are already broad!)
I know one thing, I would like to see this new movie that BBC has
made, that this picture came from ! LOL


Well, gotta go, my eggs have boiled dry!!!! I'm off to make deviled eggs and go tie some quilts!
Have a great APRILS FOOLS DAY!!!!!
Think, what tom foolery can you play on ----someone---anyone----!

11 comments:

Ercanbrack's said...

Mom you are amazing! I don't know how you do it! I think that plate is awsome! So i was sitting here reading your blog trying to figure out why you went to a salon to get you hair done and trying to think why I hadn't noticed it fifteen min. before when you were here! HE HE HE Love you mean it!

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Lewaina,

This is my first visit to your blog and I have enjoyed it! I was cautious, but then really beginning to feel sorry for you about your hair! I should have known...I've fallen prey to many April Fools jokes today with my 10 year old! We've got my son (who is 21) still believing one! So much fun!

I love the tool box. I'd love to run across one of those at GW!

Have a great day!
Tammy

Jo-Anne said...

I believe I had a perm that turned out like that back in the late 80's! :)I still "poofed" what was left after all the broken pieces! haha!
I love all your DI finds. (I think I would leave the birdhouse as is, by the way.)
Thanks for the little award...I will be doing it on tomorrows post. I really had fun reading yours!
Have a fantastic day!
Jo-Anne

A Bit of Colour said...

So sorry about your hair! It will grow back, thank GOD. The tool box is cool. I really like the chse/bread dome. You could always stick a nest in the clock if you want to, but it looks great by itself.

Vilate Thacker said...

so, you didn't get me. I knew better! :)
I will get to the honest scrap soon! I think a nest would look good in the clock, maybe even with some eggs and a bird. Or fine the way it is. I could have come to quilting today, but totally forgot about it -MAN! I'm looking forward to reading the book too, I hope it gets here before we leave tomorrow! A long drive really cuts into a book! :)

Mimi Sue said...

Hahaha. I was really feeling bad for you. I've had experiences with perms that were that bad so I could relate! Sounds like your day is jammed with fun things to do. Mimi

Patch of Heaven. said...

The first thing that came to my mind is why would she go to a cute little shop to get her hair purmed. I really believed you. You got me. That was good.

Jeanne Evans said...

Well, I totally was april fooled a couple of times today so I didn't fall for that. But I would have if it had been at like 8 a.m. because I had forgotten that it was April Fools day! Good one though!

Lex-a-roo said...

I was very worried about your hair for a moment I'm glad everything is fine.

Nicole said...

You totally had me on the the bad perm, I was feeling so bad for you! Love your finds, I need to shop at the DI with a more open mind because I never find anything good. So I was a little slow with the tag, I didn't realize Mimi Sue had already tagged you. It was fun to learn more about you!

Parkers said...

Just like the rest of ya'll I was reading wondering why Waina would goto a salon, no matter how cute it was, to get her hair done, and a perm to boot? But I totally believed it, I was gonna give you my wig, it's a nice one, really, really long red curly! I'm wearing it in my profile picture, go look. I'll bring it down when I visit.
I LOVE my deviled egg plates, but I parted with one, just like yours, to give to Cindy, as I also believe everyone should have one.