On the living room wall, is this picture of my FIL and his first wife, who died very young. The letter is from her, to him, while he was alway in the service. The date on the letter is the same date as pearl harbor was bombed. Our oldest daughter gave this to her sister for a birthday gift one year. I love this,(envy envy) I think it's way neat.
Here is the quilt we worked on the other day, and you can see that the quilt top is covered with a white sheet that has been cut full of holes. This is the guide for the ties. We don't always use this, but it really helps when the fabric doen't have an easy even pattern to tie. You just tie in the holes, and you don't have to worry. We have an enjoyable time when we get together to quilt. We tend to try to solve the worlds troubles! LOL
Yesterday I was a judge at a Potery recitieding contest. It was very hard! The children all did such a good job! We could only have three winners, and three Honorable mentions.The little Gal in the pink was first place. She was fun to watch. She has a very natural "dramatic gene"! LOL
Nicole, (Our Cozy Nest) http://ourcozynest.blogspot.com/ has tagged me with another change to be "Honest". So once again, here are 10 things about me that maybe you do or don't already know.....
BTW, if you haven't already gone to visit Nicole, you really should. It's a fun blog and she shares with us the coolest things to make and things she has made. AND, in case I forgot, Congrats Nicole on the new Baby!!!! And Congrats on the Moda Bake Shop tutorial, on the scrappy letter!!I love that letter!
2. I love the sunshine! I have a struggle with dark and dreary days. (But a good book and some hot popcorn help …LOL)
3. 3. I love purses. Shoes and purses. I like them in leather. OK, true confessions, I never have bought a new leather purse. I always buy them from a TS.....I have found the most awesome leather bags from DI. (TS)
4. I am a daydreamer, a mountain out of molehill maker, a true worrier, a romantic, and an optimistic. My glass is half full! I have a blue personality.
5. I am not a coffee drinker, but I am always dying something with it and I don’t wear gloves, so my hands are often brown stained, and my house often times smells like coffee.
6. I Love old dishes. I think the chore of eating is much more pleasant if eaten off of old dishes.
7. For the last 20 years or so,(totally sounds like I’m way old here) I have had a longing to become an Anthropologist. Now that I am on the winding up end of raising children I have been thinking of pursuing something along those lines. I would love to work in the Ute Tribe museum. (It isn’t built yet, but they are in the beginning stages.)
8. I like Supper Massive Black Hole sung by Muse. This is not my “normal” kind of music, nor the type of band I care for, but I like this song. I liked Flightless Bird, until I read the lyrics, and that was the end of that song on my play list! LOL
9. I love to sing, but do not having a singing voice. I am an alto at best. BUT, I sing everywhere I go. (I also talk to myself…)