Monday, April 27, 2009

This morning I meant to show you some samplers I have been working on off and on for a while....however, the cord the to the camera is at my daughters home.....so I will show the samplers another day. We had a good week end here. We had some rain which was needed, and some snow, which didn't last long at all. But in between the cold rain and snow, we had some sunshine. My DH spent the weekend getting his wheel lines ready for water. He has been dreading these first water turns because it is still soooooooo cold in the mornings and evenings, and getting wet is inevitable. Each morning, today included, there has been ice on the ground under the sprinklers. LBC had a scout camp out this weekend. It was the"Spring Camporee" , and the lucky bunch of them managed to escape the rain. He came home Saturday bushed, but happy. They had a good time and when I asked him what they had done he replied "not much". Hummmm....yes, well, I know they do plenty at scout camps especially at a District camp.... As it turned out he won a second place in a survival pack up your stuff race, and came home with a prize. As the rest of the afternoon wore on, more details slipped out . Boys are funny! 12 year old boys are knot heads!!! lol Especially mine... The scout master wanted to go home and have a nap. I hope he got one, or at least a good rest! THANKS Vaughn for all the hard work you do for our sons!


On Saturday evening we went up to Bluebell to our friends home and did some black powder shooting . We had a fun time, and for me it was the first time I had ever shot a primitive long rifle! There is an order to things...and if you don't load it in order, you a mess. Three things to remember, powder, patch, ball. Well, truthfully there are more than three things to remember.........lol anyway, I said it over and over in my mind so I wouldn't forget.... powder patch ball, powder patch ball, powder patch ball........ LOL We had a good time! I even hit the target, which did surprise me. I am a little proud of myself........OK, you know how much I love history, and you know how much I love to go to Rendezvous and dress in my period clothing, and you know how much I love to sew 18th century clothing, ( I know, I know, you're all rolling your eyes at this point in my post and wondering if I don't have other things in my life to think about besides this......) Anyway, I have been needing, yes, NEEDING, to make some new stays.



J.P. Ryan pattern of 18th century Stays

I have some started from last year that I didn't get done....... and at this point I am trying to decide if I want to dress in mid 18th century clothing anymore, or if I just want to make a three hide dress and go "stay less"! lol :-) ......Hummmmm what to wear, what to wear.



Tomorrow, hopefully I will have my cable back , and can show you my samplers, and a few odds and ends of things I have finished up as well as some possible petroglyphs not far from this old Stone House.

BTW, If you are interested, go over to Aunties with Advisehttp://auntieswithadvice.blogspot.com/and read about the Swine Flu... she has a good post about it today. ♥

No comments: