Saturday, August 15, 2009

What is in a name??? (edited and added to.... again )

Sometimes Blogger is so slow to update ya know it? Well, in between the time I posted this post this morning, and came home and peeked on line again, I found something else I wanted to share with you........ so I added it to the end of my post......... :-D


Mercy Warren Otis



Grammy Linda/Behind My Red Door asked us a very good question this week, What's in a name? You can read her complete post here ....... http://behindmyreddoor.blogspot.com/



Anyway, this question got me to thinking, (I know, that's twice this week...scary huh ) And I decided to take the name plunge.... so I can sign everything with the same name. When I began blogging in January , I did and didn't want to use my own name I felt the same way about the names of my children/grandchildren...but again, sometimes I have used our real names.........I've made it all very confusing.........


From the time I first visited her blog "Be It Ever So Humble", I have been a huge fan of Mrs. Mordecai and her pen names. http://be-it-ever-so-humble.blogspot.com/ . I know other bloggers who also use pen names. So, here goes. The lady of 'The Stone house', ( the stone house being a homestead home built out of sandstone, which would make a post topic for another day, ) ( I smile here, and you're yawning ...lol )has decided to completely go by the pen name, Mercy Otis.


Why Mercy Otis???


Humm. Well, she was a strong willed woman, mother of 5, who was influential in the cause of Freedom during our American Revolution.


Still with me? ( brave souls...)


At this point in my post I had meant to tell you, in a nut shell mind you, a little about Mercy Otis....If you truly want to know more about this real life woman, you can find her on Google! lol



So, 'Mercy Otis' wishes to remind you all that today is National Lemon Meringue Pie Day, and to indulge in some lemony goodness!


Have a great Week end... see you next week!


ooppps..............can't close just yet.
I was looking at my Sis's post today, and she has a fun chocolate cake recipe.
5 minute Chocolate Mug Cake

5 minutes in a microwave! can you beat that? I'm sure you could fill a cookie sheet with mugs full of cake batter and do enough for Sunday dinner desert! Go check it out and get the recipe and tell her hello.
http://parkersest2002.blogspot.com/
Looks yummy to me.




Now I'll say...


Have a great weekend everyone, and don't forget to eat some lemony goodness! Oh, and some 5 minute chocolate cake!


maybe we can compare notes next time we meet.......♥










7 comments:

Dianna said...

Excellent name, I love it and the thought you put into it. I love the picture, too. Sometimes I wonder if we would all behave better if we dressed like that. :)

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I love Mercy Ottis! Now if you join a forum, ya gotta use the same name too cause if you go by Sue over there, THAT'S when I really get confused! LOL

So Mercy, I have made that cake and let me tell you, it is decadent and it must have a zillion calories. But it didn't stop me from eating THE WHOLE THING!! LOL

Have a great weekend!!

hugs, Linda

Beth at Aunties said...

You made me smile...BIG
I love the 'Merci'ful! Great name!

Just sign me 'Auntie Beth' or the real me,

*C*

Now Where is my Lemon pie????

Oh well, I might just go make me a cake in a mug! My little ones will smile at this!

Mimi Sue said...

I've wondered about that name you use. Good to know. Thanks for the recipe. That's all I need, a fast and easy way to get some more calories in me! Mimi

Marie said...

Oh, Mercy! I enjoyed reading your post. You have such a wit and make it so interesting. I have the mug chocolate cake recipe but have not tried but will have to. I don't have any lemons in the house, but thinking about it is making my mouth water.

Eric and Caralee said...

Mercy Otis...fabulous name...I am a fan! That chocolate cake looks awesome, I will definately try it and probably add it to my not so healthy breakfast list...:)

A Bit of Colour said...

Thank you! for sharin that part of history. I knew it was a pen name but never the background to it. It was interesting.