Monday, August 10, 2009

Panache.....

So, do you have it?

(French word in origin that carries the connotation of a flamboyant manner or reckless courage)

I left a comment on a fellow blogger's post this morning that has got me thinking. (ya, novel idea huh) Why not have Panache every day of our lives? Humm?
To answer to my own question, I would have to say no I don't have a lot of Panache. But reconsidering, in all fairness to myself, the answer may be, sometimes I do. Yes, there are times when I have Panache, and then there are times when I am sadly lacking it. I think I place to many restrictions on myself. But as of today, I'm vowing to have some PANACHE in each and every day! To be bold, to make a jingle when I move, to have a little sass, & to show how much I love my life. I want keep my DH's life so stirred up, that he'll wonder which side is going to be up this time! I want him to miss me when I'm not with him. LOL ( can he truly be happy in a calm and drab atmosphere?) If you have Panache, I tip my hat to you ! I want to be like you when I grow up !

...........And speaking of growing up,........ my oldest grandchildren are 7 today! Unbelievable!


Happy Birthday Baby A and Baby B!



Last time I went to TS I was lucky enough to snag this bowl. Don't know how old it is, or who made it. I do know it's old, and I love it.







Onto more old.....
My daughter gifted me with this old cupboard. Many years ago it had been in the kitchen of her home. I need to clean it. Don't know that I'll re paint it, but I may do some sanding and staining, and I think I'll add some doors. I Love it! Can't wait to get it done and placed in it's spot.





AND, this is how it goes with a 12 year old! I asked him to pose for posterity. There we are! LOL


Have a great day everyone! I'm off to birthday shop, and while I'm at it, I think I look for a nice apple green Jeep for myself! ( just want to add some Panache to my life! ) ♥

5 comments:

V and Co. said...

oooooh that bowl! wow. love it! and it's always nice to meet another "rattle can queen"!
thanks for you comment! ;)

Mimi Sue said...

I'm sure we all have panache in our own way. Some days more than others! Love your bowl. Happy b day to your grandboys. They look like lots of fun. Mimi

Parkers said...

Laurel is bringing your "treasures" to you on her trip. I love your cupboard, how cool is that. I think you have all kinds of panache.....

Ruth said...

That is fun that the twins are 7. It is crazy how fast life goes by.

Brenda said...

Happy Birthday to your cute grandchildren! I love seeing pictures of twins! I am a twin to a boy! It's GREAT FUN!

I also love the bowl! There is just something spectacular about collecting bowls!

Have a great week! =)