Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Miracle, called life.

I tend to get a little bit carried away(OK, so I get way melodramatic and go clear over the edge...)when I feel there is a cause. So in light of that, I will try to be umm, low key?

Our daughter and son in law, are having a baby. Ordinary? No. The past 3 years their lives have been riddled with fertility drugs, tests, waiting and disappointment. Now, almost 3 years and a miscarriage later they are expecting another baby. What joy and happiness has filled their lives! Our Son and his wife are expecting their first child also. A little girl, coming in April. There is a flurry of collecting going on by both new mothers. Little blankets, little oneies, name choosing, dreams of sweet little fingers and toes, soft baby sighs, and downy little cheeks to kiss. We are so Blessed. A new life is indeed a gift from God. But all tiny lives are not afforded the blessing of a loving home and family. Some, tragically are not even afforded life.

Beth over to Aunties,had a very good post yesterday. Below is the link back to her blog.

http://auntieswithadvice.blogspot.com/


Amaree Chloee was born at 26 weeks. Also the last stage of development which would be considered a late term abortion.

Our youngest son is adopted. He was 22 months old when he came to live with us. The decision his birth mother made to place him in our home was not an easy one for her. But one made out of great love. I'm grateful for the bond he and I share, and for the understanding that he has been blessed with. I can not imagine our family without our caboose. I'm so very grateful for each of my children, and for their sweet babies. I know our family can be eternally together. Is there any blessing greater than that? Please make your voice heard and save our Nations greatest resource, Human Lives
♥♥♥

♥♥♥

6 comments:

ShabbyInTheCity said...

I'm a Baptist and week before last in our church it was Sanctity of Human Life Week. That happens once a year. I do not and will not ever understand abortion, or mistreating a nursing home patient, etc, etc. God has way more patience than I do. Good think I'm not Him.

Boy on a date spray...that is what I call all those sprays (you were talking about it that day).

Mimi Sue said...

So very true. My kids have had trouble conceiving too. Our son will not be able to have kids of his own. His wife has 2 sons from a previous marriage. It is so heart breaking because he is our only son and he loves babies and kids so much. Our youngest is adopted too. She comes from a distant relative and was addicted to meth when she was born. Still feeling the affects and she is 22 now. It's a miracle she's doing as well as she is. We all have our trials! Mimi

Anonymous said...

Abortion is something that I will never understand. How can those doctors lay down at night and rest knowing what they are doing. It's an issue that can get me so emotional but I just try to cling to the fact that God is in control. Those babies have to suffer that pain and then they get to go home with Jesus. Thanks for posting about this and all of us as Christians need to take a stand and let others know that abortions are unacceptable!

Anonymous said...

DEAR MERCYOTTIS,
THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY HUMBLE BLOG.
I THANK YOU FOR ADDRESSING THE ABORTION ISSUE....WE MUST PRAY EVERY DAY BECAUSE PRESIDENT OBAMA HAS ALREADY MADE HIS STAND AND IT GRIEVES ME SO.
MY BROTHER IN LAW AND ALL 4 OF HIS SIBLINGS WERE ADOPTED...AFTER HIS ADOPTED MOTHER AND DAD DIED HE BEGAN THE SEARCH FOR HIS BIRTH MOM...IT TOOK HIM 6 YEARS BUT HE FOUND HER AND THEY WERE ABLE TO FORM A BOND AND A FRIENDSHIP. SHE DIED OF CANCER ONE YEAR TO THE DATE OF HIM FINDING HER. THEY DID A NEWSPAPER ARTICLE ON THE TWO OF THEM. HE WAS SO VERY GOOD TO HIS ADOPTED PARENTS AS THEY AGED AND I KNEW HE HAD TO HAVE HAD A BIRTH MOTHER THAT HAD ALOT OF LOVE FOR HIM AND SHE DID.
ALL IN GOD'S TIMING.
COME BACK AND SEE ME OFTEN. I ENJOY VISITORS.
HUGS
debbie

Brenda said...

Thank you for your warm thoughts, I echo your thoughts! I have a miracle baby that was born at 24 weeks! Thanks for stopping by! Come by anytime! I love Marjorie Hinckley!

Eric and Caralee said...

I've always been pro life, but after experiencing motherhood I'm much more passionate about it. It's so hard to understand how someone could make a decision to terminate a pregnancy when it's a living breathing little one inside them. Having a child increases your power to love more then I could have ever imagined.My love for my little girl (and also #2 coming in July!!)is completely indescribable. Thanks for your great thoughts! Love Caralee