Tuesday, May 19, 2009

broken...

i did break my wrist. i was floored that it was really broken. truly i was sure they were going to tell me i had mildly sprained it . Hum. i broke the radius bone in a nice clean break, and not all the way through the bone so that is a good thing or they would have had to pin it. what a crazy thing to have happened. how did it happen you ask? well, i was playing with one of my older sons, he was lying on the couch and i was pulling on his arm and he was pulling on mine....you know the old tug of war thing...anyway we slipped apart and i went flying backwards and as near as i can remember, i think i must have tried to catch myself and i landed with my hand under me, on the rocks that surround my wood stove. all of my, hummm, weight on my bent hand....it was to swollen to cast, but is in a hard splint. when it's in a cast, and my thumb is free, i will be able to do a lot more. you should have see the slice of bread i cut for dh's sandwich today...lol. it was a little thick on one end! the break doesn't hurt too much so that's a blessing i think. i am not much good at slowing down! lol. i think i may need to have a brown cast.....maybe it will show the painting, coffee, and wood staining and dirt less! LOL there is the promise of rain later this afternoon, that would be very welcome. have a great day everyone! ♥

12 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh NO!! well I hope the swelling goes down and you get that cast soon so you can get back to living. But do allow yourslef a little down time. Read a book surf the net without commneting, you deserve it!

hugs, Linda

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you broke your wrist. I hope you are a fast healer. Don't overdue anything.
Take care of yourself.
Kathy

Janene said...

How horrible...especially for a crafter!!
Listen to the Dr. and it will heal so much faster! Easier said than done, I know!
Enjoy your down time!

Eric and Caralee said...

Oh NO! That's awful. I will be thinking about you :)

Brenda said...

Wow! I'm sorry to hear that! Hope you get feeling well soon! Take good care of yourself and take it easy for a while! =) I know its hard with a family, but you better!

My Colonial Home said...

Oh no.....hope you start feeling better soon - it's horrible being one handed.
Hope you get lots of help!
Karen

Linda Nelson said...

Oh my, Don't we just hate getting older. I went to the Yesturday and I might have to have another surgery this time on my left shoulder. Me to a Late Happy Birthday to Katie. I just can't keep up with everyone anymore.It's that age thing again you know. Well take it easy and care of yourself. LOL

Mimi Sue said...

If we lived a little closer I'd bring you a casserole! You poor dear. It must be hard to type! Well, I say milk this for all it's worth. Let the kids wait on you for a few days. Mimi

Lex-a-roo said...

Owch! But at least it's the radius and not all the way through, If you're going to break your wrist there are worse bones to break. Remember ibuprofen is your friend. but don't take over 3200mg in a day or you'll box your kidney's.

Purcell Family said...

I'm sorry to hear about your wrist! Oh no! How long will it take to heal? Thanks again for coming when I needed you!

Vilate Thacker said...

i jsut wanted to stop by and let you know i have returned to the blogging world. i have blogged twice in the last 2 days. wow huh? so let me know if i can help you in any way k? let us bring in a few meals. let us help.

Beth at Aunties said...

Oh sweet lady, I am so sorry! I wish a could make a precious blessing dress and help out any way I could! I too hate feeling handicapped. The pain is bearable but not being able to function is the worst.
Again I am so sorry and hope you are a fast healer!
Sending hugs and best wishes this too shall past FAST!
♥♥♥'s!