Thursday, May 7, 2009

home again...

HI Everyone! I have been gone for the last five days! I am home again, and I have brought with me, a cold. Darn varmint cold! I did take my lap top with me and had plans to blog, however the wifi was not free, and was more than I wanted to pay......I've been to Grand Junction Colorado with my DH who went to attend line school. The weather was warm so I was in heaven. It was 88 both yesterday and today! Um Hum! You know I just soaked it up! Some of the roses are in bloom there, and the first crop alfalfa looks like it's almost ready to be cut. I also got a picture of some wisteria in bloom . Wisteria......... I can't imagine having wisteria..... let alone having it in bloom this time of year! It was very pretty. I went to all my favorite haunts, some are still there, and sadly some are not. We ate good food, too much I'm sure, & I shopped until even I got tired! I know, hard to believe huh. It was a nice break from the normal things that take our time and energy. It was nice to be home again, and it's time to crack the whip on myself and get some stuff done. Before I left I had started to paint the doors and trim in the newer part of the house. All the trim and molding and doors are all white and I'm way done with it. I also painting the walls a new color too. I really don't care to paint, but I do like the way it all feels and looks when it's done. No pictures tonight. I'm bushed. I'm off to my bed! Tomorrow I'll have to catch up on what everyone has been doing with themselves this week. Good night all.♥

6 comments:

Beth at Aunties said...

I am so sorry you are sick, and hope it is short lived. You must tell me of your favorite haunts in GJ so when we visit our kids we will klnow the best places to go!
Sorry, I have been flying by the seat of my pants and not making to all of my friends blogs.

Get well and enjoy a wondrful Mothers Day!

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Feel better soon!!

My Colonial Home said...

I hope that cold lets up soon - seems they don't like leaving too quickly though.
Hope it's gone by Mother's Day though!!!!
So glad you got away with hubby and had a great time.
I'm like you with the wifi...not going to pay the price they're asking.
Waiting for pictures...(smiling)
Karen

Gayle said...

I was in Grand Junction about 4 years ago when we went there to pick up an ATV that we bought. I liked the looks of the town and have always wanted to go back - now I'll know to ask you all about it when it happens!

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Sure hope you're feeling better?!
Happy Mom's day to ya :)

hugs-Kath

Mimi Sue said...

It's so good to get away. I'm glad you had some time with your honey. I'm going to be gone for about 10 days starting tomorrow. I'll try to blog but who knows. Have a wonderful Mother's day. Mimi