Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Whatcha Working On Wednesday

I am once again participating with Leslie in Whatcha Working On Wednesday . This morning will go by all too fast and then it will be time for potluck and cards with the women of my family. We are still doing school, and therefore my time is almost nilch in the morning and early afternoons....however, I am going to start a new hand sewing project. I should be spring cleaning like Leslie has been doing....I want to throw it all out and have just the "bare necessities". Well........maybe not "all" of it.........and that's what gets me into trouble! I am way too sentimental about all my stuff. (we could die from non lack of stuff here...........) lol....... Anyway, I am part of a primitive swap group, and these are the first ornies I made to swap.........








with the coffee stain on them, ready to go in the oven

fresh out of the oven

after they had been sanded

They turned out to be much too small. So I am keeping them for myself................

I was looking for a bird pattern......was just playing around thinking of summer time things I could make for my swap group......(still trying to find the right prim ornie) This is also a "freebie" and I think it needs a pin keep under it..........this is before the coffee stain. (it is in the oven as we speak)
http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/birdpattern1-1.pdf
It was very easy to make, in fact I hand sewed it in my motel room last week .

This is my sewing project that I want to start today while LBC is researching his Social Studies project. What I have in mind are small little pillows stitched on linen, that will hang on a nob somewhere. These are both "freebies" also. The angel one is from Robin at http://birdinthehandprimitives-robin.blogspot.com/

and the americana is from Twigs at

http://www.primitiveblessings.com/catalog.php?category=215

Thanks you again Robin and Twigs for these "freebies" we all love to get them!

And lastly are my watermelon slices. I made myself a pattern and tried one.

before coffee stain.....

this is after.......

I think I like them. So I plan to make some wedge pieces to go with the slices. These will go in my old bucket on my front porch.

I have a few more bedding plants that need to be put in the ground. Yesterday was warm, but the w i n d blew and my ears were so full of dirt by the end of the day! Today is a carbon copy of yesterday, with the one exception. It's colder.
So those are my plans for today, what are you working on ????
You should join Leslie and go see what everyone else is doing!
http://sweets-mycountryhome.blogspot.com/
Have a great day everyone!

8 comments:

A Bit of Colour said...

I lke the small flowers. Thye would make a nice bouquet in a canning jar. Love the watermelon!!! Fabulous job! You do great stuff, I can atest for that, with what you made me.

Lewaina@cliffsideranch said...

I never thought of that.....Kim, that is the best idea ever! Thanks!!!!!!

Carin said...

those are some really neat projects, you are very creative!

My husand has been a lineman for about 13 years but recently switched to being an inspector for the DOE. Still same thing though, out on powerlines and substations. It's tough when he is gone but we make it work. We recently moved and hope it will get him home for weekends at least!

Thanks for stopping by.

Leslie said...

Lewaina,
My spring cleaning is a slow-go so don't feel bad. I have so many other things that I want to do, too. I guess I'll save the cleaning for the cloudy, rainy days and who cares if it's the middle of summer before I get it all done, right? Honestly, I was only really concerned with the kitchen and bathrooms. The other rooms I dust regularly and they don't have things like grease and hairspray!

I love your watermelon slices! Too cute!

I also like your flowers! I need to make some bowl fillers...maybe something like that will work? Another project for the "to-do" list...

Have a great day!

Leslie

Ruth said...

How do you make the flowers? They are awesome.

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

I LOVE those flowers, Lewaina... and the water melon slice is just great-love that too! :)

hugs-Kath

Neabear said...

I love the flowers! Having so many projects going makes for never having a dull moment. Thanks for sharing!!

Gwynie Pie said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog The Pink Tractor. I now have checked yours out too and it is delightful. Love the family history that I read...what a rich heritage in the LORD. And your grandchildren are a sweet and lively-looking group -- how very fun they must be.

Gwyn Rosser
The Pink Tractor