Wednesday, March 25, 2009

whatcha working on wednesday

Once again I am joining in with Leslie at My Counrty Home, for whatcha working on wednesday. You should stop over and see the many things she is doing today. I don't know how she gets it all done! Also, you can see what fun things all the other ladies are working on today. http://sweets-mycountryhome.blogspot.com/

Well......... today I feel like "I owe my soul to the company store"!!! This is what I want to work on, and, am hoping I can get to them in the afternoon....

The cutting board I have already painted red, and I am going to black wash it, and sand it and add some more cuts to it, and then I will stain over it.

The TS birdhouse clock, is for my Mom's house, and all it needs is some spray paint. Not sure about the color though. The small TS clock, was Burgundy, and I have sanded it and re painted it ivory. I need to do another coat and then sand it and stain it.

But the book? Ah, the book. There is a deadline on the book. It has to be read by tomorrow evening. I am in a book club. WHY? ahhhhhhhhhhhh I don't know why!!!!! I have only just started to read this charming book. Thank heavens it's not too big. I think I may have seen the movie way back in the 70's, and if I am remembering right, I didn't like it at all.........However, I am mildly intrigued with the plot so far, and my friend who choose the book this month "swears" we all will LOVE it. My # 1 daughter was trying to remember if she had read it in school, and was thinking she had and hadn't liked it. But do you know what's amazing? I have found that when I have to do something for a reason other than enjoyment, I drag my feet in the most ridicules way.

Have any of you read this book?

And another must do today......can you see the brown sacks in the corner of my 1st picture? 50 pounds of oatmeal. I keep FORGETTING buckets to put it in! AND.......This old farm house has been INVADED! Ahhhhhhhhhhh............. with horrible, disgusting, filthy, freaky, nasty beady eyed mice......... So along with buckets for my oatmeal I'm picking up traps. What is it about this time of year and mice and spiders? AND, I have to run up to the school and take some lunch money to LBC. I forgot this morning, and he's out.

You know what the farmers wife looks like on Chicken run? You know that look she gets in her eyes, the wild mad crazy look? That's the same look this farmers wife has in her eyes today. Only I'm not making chicken pies, but KILLING MICE!!!!! WA Ha Haaaa!!!! (very villainous laugh here)

and then .................... Because I have to get it done............I'll settle down LOL, and with some hot buttered popcorn, into which I'll dump a box of Hot Tamales, and I'll finish the afternoon by reading the saga of Thomas BlackBull, in Where The Legends Die!

Hope everyone gets to work on at least one thing pleasant, and can have a MICE free day!

9 comments:

The Gathering Room said...

I think redoing items from the family are especially nice treausres to have! Love the shamrock pillow/stitchery on your header! Cindy illinois

A Bit of Colour said...

Nice things for your family. Hope you get all the varmits. Enjoy your afternoon with your book

live.laugh.love. said...

The anonymous blogger is me!!! I can't believe it! I'm the creepy person who's following everyone! There used to be a picture of me and landon and now there is nothing! When I put my mouse over it, it says my name. I tried following someone new today and it was the same thing. No picture or name! What do I do?

Lex-a-roo said...

You crack me up! I think we did read that book in H.S. I think it was good. I think it was really good. So I hope you enjoy it. Loved the comparison to 'chicken run'.

Neabear said...

I am the same way when it is things I have to get done. Dragging my feet, procratinating. That is life for me a lot.

Mimi Sue said...

I know exactly what you mean. I only like to read things that I don't HAVE to read. Once it becomes an assignment I balk. Have you ever dumped a box of sugar babies in your popcorn? Kinda tastes like carmel corn. That's the recipe of the day! Mimi

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

Lewaina - You make me laugh! Goo d Luck with your little mice... Hope you get 'em all! :)

Leslie said...

Sounds like you had a very busy day planned for yourself yesterday! I hope you got your tasks completed, or at least most of them out of your way!

Have a great day!

Leslie

Vilate Thacker said...

Glad you almost got the book done! :)