Wednesday, October 28, 2009

whatcha working on wednesday

oh the weather outside is fright full,
but the fire is so delightful
and since we've no place to go...
let it snow, let it snow, let it snow.

only to bad for me, because i don't really care for the snow.
however, it will be gone soon, and on the bright side of the snow storm, it was warmer walking this morning!
i am once again joining
leslie for whatcha working on wednesday.
bright and early this morning we shipped our calves out to the buyer.
i'm always glad when this day has come and gone. dh gets worried about all kinds of things and always the price of the calf crop is not what it should be. but once again, the calves are gone. the cows will bellow for a few days, and hang around the corral looking for their calves, but after that they will contend themselves with the daily task of eating.


i have made myself a ginormous witch shoe/boot and would like to get that done today and hung on the door. i loved mimi sue's witch boot that she made for herself after she saw some that were spendy. i saw some last week end, and oh my goodness, they were very spendy...so it's off to home to make my own. i have only begun as you can see and it is still a very plain jane witches boot at this point













i am downloading the rest of my christmas music onto my ipod as i type this post. i know you are saying she has more christmas music? i do.











also, i am going to finish my halloween banner........that was also from sue's porch!














i know, i'm such a copy cat.



i can't help myself, i loved her porch !



thanks sue for sharing all these ideas.



do you think i'll get them finished before halloween?






sue has been showing us pictures of her next door neighbors home...lorraine....it's a beautiful home.



makes me feel the need to get my broom out and go through all my stuff and get rid of it! lol






i have cards with all the girls in my family this afternoon, and for potluck i'm taking chili and corn bread.



that's about it for this whatch working on wednesday. visit leslie and see what the others are doing today.





















#2 daughter was on her way to vernal this morning, and was driving through the twists and was following a truck pulling a trailer loaded with culvert pipe. she was not on his bumper, but following a ways back, which was good because the chain broke and the pipe flew off the trailer. it was a blessing that she was not hit with any of this huge pipe. and neither was anyone else. once again i'm so grateful for the daily safety we enjoy. for the power of family prayers. i think when we get on the other side and realise how many times we were protected daily in our journey through this earth life, we will be amazed.






5 comments:

Julie Harward said...

Oh how I agree with that Mercy...the power of prayers that are heard and answered. Do glad your daughter is ok, bet it about scared her to death! I love the boot..so cute..I saw those om Mimi's too. I woke up to snow this morning, so yes, I'm thinking Christmas too! :D

Beth at Aunties said...

I too agree that the power of prayer are such enormous blessings in our lives. Our sons have known almost the very second we prayed for them on their missions.
I am so glad your daughter is safe and sound! Flying anything from other vechicles is so scarey... We are watched over and loved!:-)
Your shoe is darling!~♥

Mimi Sue said...

In my prayers I always say that I am grateful for the blessings that I know about and the many, many blessings that I don't. Prayer is a powerful tool to bless and protect our families. So glad your daughter is OK. Definitely a tender mercy. Thanks for all the Mimi love. I copy ideas from just about everybody. I haven't had an original idea since 1986. Love the shape of your boot. Yours is stylin. Mimi

A Bit of Colour said...

Praise GOD that your daughter did not get hurt & was protected.

I have been listening to Christmas music for awhile. Trick or Treat was here last night. It's over, now bring out the Jingle Bells!

Leslie said...

Your not a copy cat, you're just inspired by others work :)

I hope you got your stuff done, if not there are still a few more days! I have been working frantically on this "Halloween Hauntings" wallhanging, trying to finish up the stitching but I know for sure it won't be completed for Halloween. I just think if I at least get these all done, I can pack them away and finish the rest next fall. I won't have as much to do then :)

Have a great rest of your day!

Leslie