Tuesday, December 8, 2009




OH My! I started this out once and meant to retell my crazy morning with the family plus our three grandsons that are here, and right in the middle of that my DH called and told me that out #2 son and his wife and our little 8 month old P-Jo had just had an accident on the slick roads, and turned their car over on it's side in a deep canal and he thought it was in pretty bad shape. BUT our kids were fine! Not hurt at all, only scared and shook up and concerned about the money end of a ticket and a totaled car. And I think about my morning again.....and I'm glad even though it was sooooooo crazy we still found the time to have our family prayers. What a total blessing! The car crossed the road and slid backwards across the other lane of traffic, but no other cars were involved. The car, the money it will cost, is nothing compared to their lives and well being!
The kids called my DH and he turned around on his way to work and was there with them and also a dear sweet neighbor on her way into town stopped and is stayed with them, keeping Angie and P-jo warm in her car.


I'm so very grateful today for a little miracle, and blessing of safety.
And once again for my DH, whose very presence seems to give us all strength and comfort. :-) I'm glad he was able to be there with them.
I'm also thankful for our friends and neighbors and the good people we are surrounded by. For their love and concern and watchful care over each other. Thank you, thank you, thank you Carey for your help and love this morning!

Dear friends, Thank you all for your well wishes for our little Evie. Hold your families a little closer and kiss them a few more times. They are the very most important blessing in our lives!



Enjoy your day. Be safe on the roads today! :-)



8 comments:

Julie Harward said...

I M SO GLAD THAT THEY WERE SAFE...OUR DAILY PRAYERS ARE HEARD AND ANSWERED I THINK! HOLD EACH OTHER CLOSE...Come say hi :D

Anonymous said...

Hi Congrats on the new granddaughter. Glad they were safe. Miss you guys. We need to get over there to visit sometime. Love Susan and Walter

Beth at Aunties said...

I too am relieved your kids are all safe and sound. Vechicles can be replaced, they can't. Family prayers are a safety net for our families, and I love that even though we are spread out over so many miles, I know that our family are all praying for each other. We truly are lucky, aren't we?
Little Evie is so precious!!! Congratulations to you and to her parents and big brothers. They are such gifts. It seems it is your time for the granddaughters to grace your home. We started with 5 granddaughters and 1 grandson and now these last 6 are just the opposite. 5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter! We love them all.
Enjoy your baby and Merry Christmas.
I haven't heard much about our Arizona friend either. I just keep sending her the love...
~♥
Be safe and warm! ~♥

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Oh my gosh...I am so glad everyone is ok!!
-MIRACLES-ALWAYS BELIEVE ;)


I love your header photo...very neat!

~Happy Holidays~

Cathy Brian said...

Whew!! When I hear stories like that I do throw in extra hugs and kisses to my little ones. I have a sister who suffered a brain anyureism last month. She's doing amazingly well, but she still hasn't regained her speech. So now I make sure I tell the kids and family, even more, how much I love them.

I'm glad your's were alright. What an experience.

Mimi Sue said...

I take so many things for granted and when something like this happens I stop and thank my Heavenly Father for his tender mercies. Praying together as a family is a powerful tool. Glad all is well. Mimi

marie said...

Thanking God for His protection over your loved ones!

Eric and Caralee said...

I'm so glad they are okay. Things like that always make me stop and think about where my priorities are. I'll give my girls and hubby extra hugs and kisses today. Love you guys.