Monday, February 7, 2011

Thanks Much

Hi everyone. Just a fast post today. I've got pack planning meeting in a while and then a fast trip out to Salt Lake to visit a friend in the hospital. Thanks to you ladies who accepted the pay it forward challenge!!!
Just a couple valentines today, this sweet old paper valentine I found behind a drawer in an old desk. I have always meant to frame it. You can see I've never gotten that done.....the bottom part has been torn off. On the back it is written out To Preal R from Eva grace Ekshand.






 the last of my old quilt waiting to be sewn into valentines

 cookie cutters waiting to be used for salt dough ornies with the grands...

Our stake is taking our youth here in June, for a trek.  We will be going to both the
Martin and the Willy sites.


The Mr. and I were called to be a trek ma and pa. We will have apx 10 youth in our family and we will be pulling and pushing one of these. You can see why I will need my sunbonnet!

 This is a replica of a pioneer handcart, used to cross the plains from Iowa City Iowa to Salt Lake City Utah.
More about trek next time. Gotta get!
Blessings from the Stone House

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the little tray you put Sarah's wax-dipped hearts in. :)

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Lovc that I got to come by today. These valentines are going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see them finished.
This year I decided to enter the One World One Heart giveaway so if you have a moment come by and put your name in the hat for my drawing.
Hope you are doing well
Love
Maggie

Cathy Brian said...

Whew!!I fought with myself for along time with your last blog!! I miserably failed the last one of those I tried to do. sigh.. But, I envy you getting to go on that trek. Everytime our stake has decided to do that I've been expecting. I look forward to getting to go next time they do it!

Mimi Sue said...

Trek! Good thing you're in great shape. We have a couple in our ward that serves a mission in Wyoming every summer at the Willey handcart place. Never been but would love to go. Maybe this spring. Mimi

Lex-a-roo said...

Wow, can't wait to hear about the trek.

Julie Harward said...

Our girls have done that trek..it was an awesome thing for them. We only got a dusting of snow but it is cold and windy. I an getting ready to make Valentine cookies with my grands this weekend..yay! ;D

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Oh, so many fun projects in the works for you. Especially the upcoming Trek. How great to be a Ma and Pa!!! Wishing you the best. : )
M.L.