Friday, February 11, 2011

Oreo Mice for valentines

This post is a re-post from  09. Just thought it would be fun to post it again.
ENJOY





Here's what you need to make these fun little mice.
1 package Oreos any flavor. Ours were mostly mint.
Pkg of white and Chocolate Almond Bark
1-2 jars Maraschino Cherries with STEMS. Green or Red, doesn't matter.
Hersey's Kisses, unwrapped
Red hots or something small for eyes. (can use frosting or colored chocolate
Sliced Almonds for ears Cookie sheets lined with wax paper
Melt the bark in pans in a low oven. (170-200 degrees) Watch it so it doesn't burn. Depending on how many you are making, you will not want to melt all of the bark.


Dip Oreos in the white bark, and lay them on the wax paper to set up. These will be the base for the mice.


While these are setting up, drain the cherries and dump them on a paper towel lined plate. Blot them dry. The bark will not adhere to them if they are wet with the juice.



Sorry for the blurry picture.......OK, now the fun part........... Eating all the cherries and throwing everything else away! Just kidding. I do love the cherries though........
Dip the cherries by their stems in the bark. Be sure to cover them completely. Gently shake them to get as much excess bark off as you can, then set them on the Oreo base, in the center.




Some of the stems come broken as you can see, but they work anyway. Working quickly, add a kiss for the head, and then add almonds for the ears. Try to find two almonds almost the same size for each


You need to work quickly as the bark sets up very fast. Now, the eyes. Use red hots, or what ever you choose. Just chocolate glue them in place and WA La, you have Mice! Drop each one in a cupcake paper and they are ready to go. Be sure you only single layer these as you transport them from here to there, because those little ears break.

















Hope this makes sense. They are pretty self explanatory.


These WERE lots of fun to make!

Blessings from the Stone House

7 comments:

Brenda said...

OH MY! How adorable! I must try them for Valentines! Thanks for sharing! Cute, Cute, Cute!

Julie Harward said...

These are so cute! I have seen the mice before but not set on a cookie....very cute! :D

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sweet as can be! Warm Blessings!~Amy

Cathy Brian said...

That's my kind of cooking. I love cute little things like that. I have a mother-in-law that is horribly scared of mice. I think I'll make her these for her birthday, hee hee hee!
Thanks

Cathy Brian said...

Um......I was just checking out the pictures again showing my daughter the cute mice and I'm appalled at the state of your oven. ;) who has an oven that clean?? really!

You are now officially my new hero. Some day I WILL have an oven that clean!!

Have a great day

Vintage Linen Treasures said...

These are tooooo cute!! I'd like to say they're too cute to eat, but my tummy always wins. I'd eat them in a second!!
Patricia :o)

joy said...

OK those mice are the cutest thing! How darling of an idea! Love it! Love, Joy