Sunday, November 1, 2009

In Hymn Of Praise

opppps.......didn't get the entire song......out of time till later....sorry...

From Gods Arms To My Arms To Yours
words and music by Michael McLean

With so many wrong decisions in my past, I'm not quite sure if I can ever hope to trust my judgement anymore.
but lately I've been thinking, 'cause it's all I've had to do. and in my heart I feel that I should give this child to you.
And maybe you can tell your baby, when you love him so that he's been loved before; by someone who delivered your son, from Gods arms, to my arms to yours.
If you choose to tell him, and if he wants to know,
how the one who gave him birth could bear to let him go;
just tell him there were sleepless nights I prayed and paced the floors,
and knew the only peace I'd find is if this child is yours.
And maybe you can tell your baby, when you love him so that he's been loved before;
by someone who delivered your son from God's arms to my arms to yours.
Now know that you don't have to do this, but could you kiss him once for me the first time that he ties his shoes, or falls and skins his knee?
And could you hold him twice as long when he makes his mistakes;
and tell him that he's not alone,
sometimes that's all it takes.
I know how much he'll ache.
This may not be the answer for another girl like me;
but I'm not on a soap box saying how we all should be.
I'm just trusting in my feelings and I'm trusting God above, and I'm trusting you can give this baby both his mothers' love.
And maybe you can tell your baby,
when you love him so that he's been loved before;
by someone who delivered your son,
from God's arms to my arms to yours.______



I'm so grateful for our last little chick in the nest.
I'm grateful for his other mother and for the love she has for him too.

I know she made a very difficult decision a bunch of years ago.
I know that not a day goes by that she doesn't think of our child.
She did deliverer my son from God's arms to her arms to mine!



I love you Anne. Always and Forever.
Thank you for this eternally priceless gift.








Enjoy your Day.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this song. Adoption is such an amazing thing! Thanks for sharing. :)

Julie Harward said...

I have 3 of those sweet babies...I know what you feel and of what you speak. They will always be my dearest friends and have my deepest respect! Come say hi :D

joy said...

That is such a sweet song. I love it. Thanks for the post. Love, Joy

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

I can't think of anything else to be more grateful for than the selfless act of a mother who gives her to child to be raised by someone else. I get goosebumps thinking about it!!

Michael, Collette, Cassie, and Romeo said...

I so understand your sentiments! I am eternally grateful to our birthparents, as well, for the one gift that we couldn't give each other... our daugther! We are kindred spirits!!!! Adoption is truly a selfless act and an absolutely wonderful blessing!

Jo-Anne said...

What a fabulous post....As I wipe a few tears....
My youngest sister, who is 10 years and 4 days younger than me, is adopted. Our family already had 5 children, but by some awesome miracle, we were able to adopt this one sweet little girl. She has been nothing but a priceless gift to me and I cannot begin to tell her how very lucky I am to have her in my life. I was able to meet her birth mother a few years ago and I just wept as I said to her "thank you for my sister". When I became a mother, I thought of her frequently and and often pondered the story of her decision to give up her baby. IT truly is a selfless act that I am not sure I could have ever done, if faced with the same decision. Thank you for spreading the word about adoption. It is a blessing all the way around. :)

Eric and Caralee said...

Yes, I do have tears in my eyes! He has definately brought something extra into all our lives.